Hi beautiful girls,
I love matte lipsticks and liquid lipsticks are my absolute favourite.Last year was dedicated to liquid lipsticks and every makeup brand from high end to drugstore launched their liquid lipsticks. NYX Soft matte lipsticks are famous drugstore lipsticks,they are NYX’s best seller because of wide range of colors and comfortable formula.I came to know about Miss Claire SMLC which is a dupe of NYX SMLC recently and purchased a bunch of them from an insta store.These come in various shades and are pretty affordable.These are very much loved by Indian beauty bloggers so I also thought to try them out .I purchase 5 of these.So ,scroll down to know my opinion about these affordable dupes of NYX SMLC.
It’s not lipstick nor it is gloss.It is nothing that you have experienced before.It’s a lipstick that goes on smoothly but looks matte.
Price – Price not mentioned on the pckaging.I purchased these for Rs 150 plus shipping from an insta store (Rs 275 on habbana.com )
Packaging :The packaging is almost identical to NYX soft matte lip creams.These come in a transparent plastic tube bottle with a black cap.The packaging is nice and travel friendly.These are transparent so it is easy to locate.The bottles are light weight and sturdy.The shades are numbered and numbers are written on the bottom of the bottle.I find numbering system for shades difficult to remember, wish they had names.The packaging is quite nice specially considering the price.
Shades :I purchased shade number 02,04,12,36 and 47.
- 02 – It is a warm nude with peachy brown undertones.( Exact dupe of NYX stockholm).It will suit fair to medium skins.It may wash out dusky beauties.
- 04 – It is a beautiful every pink color.It will suit all skin tones.
- 12 – It is fushia with purple undertones.It will suit all skin tones.Gorgeous shade.(similar to NYX Prague,not sure whether it is exact dupe or not)
- 36 – It is an orangey coral color.A toned down Orange.Nice color if you are afraid of bright orange .Perfect for summer.It will suit all skin tones
- 47 – A pink with brown undertones.Very beautiful color for a natural no makeup kinda look.It will also suit all skin tones .(Dupe of NYX Cannes)
Texture,finish and Staying power – The formula is light weight and creamy.It spreads very easily on lips.It is kind of moussy texture .These smells like vanilla toffee.They settle to a matte finish after 1 or 2 minutes.These are very pigmented and single swipe is enough to get the color. They are not patchy at all.These are buildable and medium coverage.The best part is that these are so comfortable and hydrating that you do not need to use any lip balm underneath.I have worn this without lip balms and O my gosh they don’t even accentuate dry patches on my lips.I have very dry lips and when I am in a hurry and don’t have time to prep my lips.I go for these cute little babies. The staying power is not very impressive they stays for around 3 to 4 hours.These are not transfer proof.These can’t stay after a full meal . In case of some liquid lipsticks you need to remove the lipstick to reapply otherwise it look weird and flaky but Miss claire SMLC are easy to reapply.They fade evenly and it is easy to remove them.
Lets summarise its Pros and Cons
- affordable and widely available
- Variety of shades (30 or 40 shades)
- Comfortable formula
- Easy to reapply and remove
- Does not dry out lips
- Paraben and cruelty free
- Efficient applicator and travel friendly packaging
- Good pigmentation.
- Low staying power
- Some shades are almost identical
- No testers available
- Not transfer proof
Conclusion : I love Miss Claire liquid lipstick .They are so affordable and good quality.These are close dupe of NYX SMLC in terms of formula, texture and shades (some not all). I hope these were transfer proof but considering the price this can be ignored.I will suggest you all to try at least one shade from Miss Claire ,it is a total steal. These are the cheapest liquid lipstick in my collection.
Hope you all find it useful.Have you tried Miss Claire Soft Matte lip creams?
Take care and Bye
Lots of love